12 March, 2016

SERIES SATURDAY: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. Martin


Series Saturday is a new meme created by us to introduce readers to new amazing series we love as well as just fangirl about them! 

So today's spotlight:

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. Martin

Have you read them yet? I know many are scared of the million pages each book contains but trust me most of it is worth it. Now when I say most, the good thing George R. Martin did was divide his chapters by characters. So if you do not like or care at all about the character you can basically skip that chapter. At least I did. Because honestly...I have absolutely no care for Iron Kingdoms. But it is mainly only in book four which as a matter of fact was skipped completely in the TV show...I guess says it all. My favorite so was probably is either the first or the third books. I would say the fifth one but well we all know what happens to Jon Snow and he is my favorite and well...grudge forever against George R. Martin. But really, there are so many characters that it is just hard to care for all of them. For example I really loved Daenerys from book one but then in book five she got really boring just like it was showed in the TV Show. I also love Cersei just for how evil she is :D

SO how many of you have read the books? How many have been watching the TV show? Some things in book five really were changed in the TV show...not sure what they will do. But I heard it will have only two more seasons and that is it. Plus George R. Martin is working with them so we get books spoiled for final ending. Which I really don't get. I mean I get it, it is gonna take another 20 years for George R. Martin to publish all of them (his tempo is ridiculous and sometimes really not worth it) but still...spoiling the books is a little bit weird for me.

Game of Thrones
Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.

As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.

The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne.

Reviews:


Oh and I absolutely adore the TV show intro :D

What do you think about Song of Ice and Fire trilogy? Have you read it? Fangirling time!!!