08 December, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

So I think this one is going to be easy! Whoop whoop! Why? Well because I really got into reading mostly this year when we started this blog. Surely, I read before but it used to be 1-2 books per month and now I read way more than that :) P.S. in no particular order!

  • Marissa Meyer 
The amazing author of The Lunar Chronicles! Now she is my auto-read author for sure!
 
  • Dan Wells
Okay so I have only read the first book of Partials but it was such so well done, especially the scientific part, that I am already in love with his work! He is a genius.
 
  • Gillian Flynn
I consider Gone Girl so well written that I actually got a copy of it to my mother for her birthday. And lately I have read The Grownup and I am just wowed! She can right, oh yes she can write!

  • Leigh Bardugo
Author of Grisha Trilogy and Six of Crows, these are the four books I have read so far and I am loving her work. Another auto-read author! After all she created my favorite Grisha world!
 
  • Sarah J. Maas
Weeeeeee weeeeeeee I have no words! *jumps around* Just weeeeeeee! She is a genius, I love you Sarah J. Maas! I love youuuuuu!

  • Tahereh Mafi
I had some problems with Shatter Me series but still, she was the first author I have ever read who did this very awesome romance twist! And anyways, she created Warner! *drolls*
 
  • Claudia Gray
I know this author has written many books but I have only read A Thousand Pieces of You and it is my favorite book of 2015 therefore I just have to put her on the list.
 
  • Rick Yancey
Even tho I did not like The Infinite Sea, the 5th Wave blew my mind! It was so good just so good! I am not happy with the movie cast but oh well, the twists are so mind blowing!

  • Jeniffer L. Armentrout
I have only read The Dark Elements series but I do own Lux series and I know so many books of hers that are fantastic and I am dying to read. Besides, she created Roth, what else needs to be said?
 
  • Jessica Spotswood
I have read Born Wicked and own the rest of this series and yeah, dying to read it! I really liked the first book, it had witches, great plot, lovable characters and plot twist! Therefore, this author deserves to be on this list!
 
Laura's Top Ten

Top Tuesdays are difficult! So many books and authors to choose from!

  • Victoria Aveyard
What can I say? I loved Red Queen. I think it was a great debut novel and now I'm waiting to read Glass Sword woot woot

  • Beca Aberdeen
    Also a debut author. Her book, Secbra, is still only available in Spanish. I hope they translate it soon because it was really good!

  • Sarah J. Maas
In my case I loved her more for A Court of Thorns and Roses than her Throne of Glass series... the last book was terrible (my opinion) but ACOTAR omg I loved it!

  • Katherine Locke
She wrote a ballet series called District Ballet Company and you all know how much I love ballet! The books also dig a bit into psychological issues such as depression and PTSD. Nothing too deep but just to let you all know... 

  • Renee Ahdieh
The Wrath and the Dawn was another favorite of my this year. It was the first book in a middle eastern setting I read in a while and it was great! Inspired in A Thousand and One Nights oh yeah gimme the sequel now!

  • Sara Raasch
Snow Like Ashes was good! I haven't read the second book yet but I hope it doesn't disappoint.

  • Sabaa Tahir
Another middle eastern book, An Ember in the Ashes was intense! I really liked the characters, even the villains were really really evil!

  • Marie Lu
Technically I already knew her because I read her Legend trilogy but her new book, The Young Elites, was as good as it promised to be! I have The Rose Society on my January reads and I am super hyped!

  • Claudia Gray
HannahCassie already said it. A Thousand Pieces of You is a 2015 favorite! I also have to read the sequel... I just realized I'm bad at keeping up with series :/

  • Leigh Bardugo
The Grisha world was phenomenal and I am not over The Darkling! I think I will never get over him omg too attractive for his own good, everything was attractive the good and the bad... and Nicholai was a good character as well! I had my problems with the others but the Grisha powers? Mind blown.