01 December, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2016 Novels We Are Looking Forward To


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is really top ten debut novels but we modified it a little bit and came up with

Top Ten 2016 New Series/Stand-alone Novels We Are Looking Forward To

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

So I am not sure if I can actually manage to come up with ten new novels I am excited about as I do not tend to get much into the future. But I will try! And of course in no particular order.

  • Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
I have read Between Shades of Grey and cannot wait to read another book of Ruta Sepetys! So excited!
 
  • Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I am almost done with the Lunar Chronicles and really want to read something new of Marissa Meyer! I hope it will be just as good!
 
  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Now I am very doubtful about this one. I did not like main characters when they were introduced in the last book of TMI but I am still keeping and eye on it. I think I will wait for reviews of my trusted bloggers to come out and then I will decide for sure.

  • Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
I am yet to read The Darkest Minds trilogy but I have heard so many good things about Passenger that I am super excited to read it!
 
  • Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Now I have read an ARC myself and was not too into it but I am excited about it's release simply because I want to see what my friends think about it and finally be able to discuss it without being scared to spoil anything.

  • Bluescreen by Dan Wells
I am loving Partials and if his new series are going to be even half as good I am sure I will love it!
 
  • The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
Okay so I loved Vampire Adacemy and am currently reading Bloodlines. I can only hope that her new series will be same good. Tho it does sound like another Selection to me. Hmm.

 
Laura's Top Ten

Uufff these are going to be very popular ones but I am excited! Can't do anything about it! By the way I am also impatiently waiting for all the ones HannahCassie mentioned but I didn't want to repeat so here we go with 10 more --in no particular order:

  • Sparked by Sheena Snow
A future dystopian dealing with robots! It's been a while since I've read a book (or watched a movie for that matter) about robots! Maybe they will be popular again?

  • A Girl's Guide to Landing a Greek God by Bill Fuller
    This book sounds hilarious! I can totally see it turned into a comedy movie and sometimes is good to laugh while reading instead of crying ;)

  • Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
We've talked about this book before. A retelling of Peter Pan but apparently with darker characters and a darker Neverland that has nothing to do with Disney! oh yes gimme!

  • How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
Witches! SALEM witches! These ones are the typical witches unlike the reimagined Truthwitch ones. Read both and compare will be my motto!

  • Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
This one is prehistoric fantasy! Have you seen the movie The Croods? (It's from Dreamworks xD) well I imagine that book a bit like that... people living in caves and hunting to eat etc.

  • Riders by Veronica Rossi
We've also talked about this one! I'm so excited! The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse... horses... horses! 

  • The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Also talked about it hehe this one features a time travelling ship! A ship which can sail to any place (also imaginary as long as there is a map) and at any time point in history! It sounds so bloody good!

  • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
An Arabian-tale inspired book! It's not an Aladdin retelling or anything like that though, this is a completely new story but it features the desert, Sultans, battles, love, magic! 

  • The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Choksi
Indian-mythology inspired! You can tell I'm a little bored of the typical "everything happens in the US books and everyone's white and straight"... yeah we have enough of those but I want more diversity so other cultures are welcome!

  • Starflight by Melissa Landers
This one is set in outer space! A mysterious cursed space ship, new planets, maybe even aliens! Sign me up for this!