12 December, 2015

SERIES SATURDAY: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


Series Saturday is a new meme created by us to introduce readers to new amazing series we love as well as just fangirl about them! 

So today's spotlight:

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


The series is over, yes, my darlings it is over. There are four original book and a few novellas in it, tho I only have read one novella and it was Fairest.

Throne of Glass book blurb
 Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

So I know Laura as read Cinder and Scarlet for sure but I think she has Cress and Winter on her TBR this or the next month. I, on the other hand, kinda ate this series for breakfast :D I actually found out about Cinder only in April 2015 and was very doubtful...somehow I never liked retelling before. But then I saw at the library and all booktubers seemed to love it so I finally took it and read it. And boy oh boy how much I loved it! I could not stop reading it, it was just too good! Then I also bought Scarlet before I left UK but for some reason it took me till autumn to read it. After that Cress, Fairest and Winter went really fast. What did I think? Well one thing is for sure, Marissa Meyer is an amazing author. I think my favorite book in the series is Cinder simply because it was so new to me. But I liked other ones too, tho not so much Scarlet. And I did not like the ending in the Winter but I have heard there will be a novella of after so then it makes sense I guess. Well one way or the other, The Lunar Chronicles series was so worth reading it and I am very happy to own the books!

So let's give three whoop whoop hurray to the amazing The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer!

Our reviews:

What do you think about The Lunar Chronicles series? Have you read it? Fangirling time!!!